Hot Tip Tuesday
Each week I bring to you helpful tips to become a more effective educator on the Always A Lesson fan page on Facebook. (Give it a quick like by clicking here!) I decided to start grouping my social media posts into a blog post in case you didn’t catch it in your feed. (Want more? Simply type in ‘Hot Tip Tuesday’ in the search bar on my blog to easily find past editions.)
Time to get caught up:
- Your lesson plans are fluid and require constant revision so it reflects student need and interest. Get to revising!
- If whatever your doing right now doesn’t increase student learning, stop & resume only if you have extra time/motivation.
- Don’t just read educational books over the summer. Apply the knowledge by incorporating the tips into your planning docs!
- Spend the weeks leading up to#backtoschool preparing content related material not decor. Prioritize Learning!
- Organize items in your storage locations in order of the school year (Aug-June) front to back/left to right for easy grabs.
- Effective classroom management systems begin with an interest in kids and end in a relationship with them.
- Parents just want to know that you 1) know your stuff 2) care for their kid like they do. Showcase your intentions!
- Scripting directions ahead of time ensures clarity and efficiency in the moment.
- If teaching a grade where Ss change classes, leave materials for pick up/drop off near the door.
- Create your own master calendar so you don’t miss a thing- school events, district PD, due dates, holidays/days off, etc.
(*note: these posts are sent out via BUFFER so they follow Twitter’s rules for word count and I had to get creative!)
Want these updates in real time?
Follow me on social media via the links on top of the page 🙂
What tip can you add to our list so educators can continue to grow in effectiveness?