Educators are life-long learners. To feed their quest for knowledge and ensure they are up-to-date on teaching best practices, educators want on-going interactive, engaging, and inspiring professional development.
I am an experienced elementary educator, teacher coach, curriculum creator, presenter, and edupreneur. I help classroom teachers gain effectiveness through instructional best practices so that students can reach their potential in and out of the classroom.
Some districts offer first year mentorship to their teachers. Often times, the mentorship is a mismatch or ineffective in helping teachers develop in their classroom effectiveness for various reasons. In addition, there are many times in a teacher’s career where a mentor could be helpful, but the district does not supply one due to cost. The services provided here are affordable, personalized and available nationwide virtually to any and all teachers, regardless of where they are along their career path.
- Beginning teachers (out of college in years 1-3)
- Career changing teachers (career adults in years 1-3)
- Renewal year teachers
- Probationary teachers
- Non-renewed teachers (career changers)
Improve educator effectiveness one teacher at a time.
- Every teacher can transform into greatness
- An open mind allows for talent to cultivate
- It is never too late to achieve your potential
- Personalized coaching is the vehicle to long lasting change
Professional Development topics include:
- 3 Keys to Greater Success in the Classroom
- Literacy Best Practices
- Crucial Conversations in Teacher Leadership
- Instructional Coaching Strategies
- Teach Like a Champion 2.0 Instructional Teaching Techniques
- New Teacher Essentials
Mini-Professional Development Sessions include:
- “Teachers, Pass the Torch!” -Increasing Student Ownership in the Classroom
- “Stop Accepting Swiss Cheese Answers in the Classroom” – Increasing Accuracy in Student Responses
- “The Learning Zone- No Hogs Allowed”- Engaging ALL Students in Rigorous Work
- “Are you Seeing the REAL Picture? Classroom Observations with Intention
- How to Set Up a Culture of Learning (Peer-to-Peer Observations)
- Delivering Lessons with Higher Order Thinking Focus
- Voice and Choice in the Classroom
- Integration of Literacy into the Content Areas
- Planning with Backwards Design
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools , Charlotte NC
- Cooperative Education Service Agency 3 , Fennimore, WI
- North Carolina Association of Elementary Educators , Concord, NC
- Connecting Communities of Education Stakeholders , Greensboro, NC
Book with Gretchen
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
- Want to run of these sessions yourself? Click here to schedule a consultation with Gretchen.