Hot Tip Tuesday
Each week I bring to you helpful tips to become a more effective educator on the Always A Lesson fan page on Facebook. (Give it a quick like by clicking here!) I decided to start grouping my social media posts into a blog post in case you didn’t catch it in your feed. (Want more? Simply type in ‘Hot Tip Tuesday’ in the search bar on my blog to easily find past editions.)
Time to get caught up:
- Use your downtime from testing to have fun learning topics within Ss interest vs in the course of study.
- With testing season upon us, don’t forget to have a little fun to help kids de-stress (joke of the day, dance party, etc)
- Tape out math images on the floor and save on copy paper!
- Building relationships happens in the hallway too. Head up. Eye contact. Smile. Wave.
- Take the kiddos outdoors to learn. Forget pencils & paper or mini whiteboards & markers. Sidewalk chalk works just as well!
- Write out all of your expectations so 1) you are clear on what you want 2) those you teach know what you want and reach it.
- Spend your summer relaxing & rejuvenating. Connect with other positive educators so you can gain energy for the school year.
- Collect data in a variety of methods and at a variety of times (consistent tracking is key!).
- Take an objective, script all skills under that objective on index cards, lay out in sequential order = long range plan!
- Don’t break the bank creating flexible seating options. Get creative. Look around you. Allow kids to create too.
(*note: these posts are sent out via BUFFER so they follow Twitter’s rules for word count and I had to get creative!)
Want these updates in real time?
Follow me on social media via the links on top of the page 🙂
What tip can you add to our list so educators can continue to grow in effectiveness?