Hot Tip Tuesday- 5th Edition
Hot Tip Tuesday
Each week I bring to you helpful tips to become a more effective educator on the Always A Lesson fan page on Facebook. (Give it a quick like by clicking here!) I decided to start grouping my social media posts into a blog post in case you didn’t catch it in your feed. (Want more? Simply type in ‘Hot Tip Tuesday’ in the search bar on my blog to easily find past editions.)
Time to get caught up:
- Throw out worn materials at the end of the year & shop college sales at Walmart over the summer to replace.
- Connections transform people. Start investing in relationships if you want to make a true impact.
- Do one thing per day to get ready for the fall, but spend no more than 20 min doing it this summer.
- Holidays are fun-dressing in festive gear brings everyone together. Create color/gear day in your class. Celebrate!
- Spend more time planning structures and routines than you do buying cute teacher items this summer.
- Allow students to organize your room the first week of school. Their perspective is most important.
- As you set up your classroom, invite children into the space to share feedback- their perspective matters.
- Practice procedures yourself before you roll them out- confidence + clarity is needed!
- Organization saves you time and numerous headaches. Organize your space and mind daily.
- Don’t put off tomorrow what you can do today- Murphy’s Law is pretty unforgiving!
(*note: these posts are sent out via BUFFER so they follow Twitter’s rules for word count and I had to get creative!)
Want these updates in real time?
Follow me on social media via the links on top of the page 🙂
What tip can you add to our list so educators can continue to grow in effectiveness?