Hot Tip Tuesday
Each week I bring to you helpful tips to become a more effective educator on the Always A Lesson fan page on Facebook. (Give it a quick like by clicking here!) I decided to start grouping my social media posts into a blog post in case you didn’t catch it in your feed. (Want more? Simply type in ‘Hot Tip Tuesday’ in the search bar on my blog to easily find past editions.)
Time to get caught up:
- The week before/after Spring Break, incorporate a lot of movement & breaks to get Ss back into habit.
- Open those windows- fresh air helps clear the mind and motivates students to keep on learning.
- End a lesson with demo of learning + discussion so students can learn from one another.
- Kids are never too old for stickers or candy. Reward your kiddos when its well deserved!
- Rephrase your directions with what to do instead of what not to do. Ss will rise to the challenge.
- Reward student effort and progress, not whether or not they passed a state test. Growth matters!
- Announce your learning objective throughout your lesson as a road map to ensure kiddos master it.
- Don’t close up your room by yourself-kiddos love to help. Assign jobs+fun music=productive bonding!
- It’s the end of the month! Do a recap of major skills learned + shout out major achievements.
- Stop working alone. Ask for help. Delegate. Education is a group effort, not a cage on an island.
(*note: these posts are sent out via BUFFER so they follow Twitter’s rules for word count and I had to get creative!)
Want these updates in real time?
Follow me on social media via the links on top of the page 🙂
What tip can you add to our list so educators can continue to grow in effectiveness?