As an instructional coach, there are certain items that can make supporting teachers easier. Each of the items shared here are highly recommended by myself as a teacher leader working in multiple buildings across a large district.
Grab a binder and fill it with essentials like your standards, pacing guide, and teacher performance rubrics.
- Binder– Place all of your coaching forms and documents in one place
- Binder Dividers– Organize your paperwork into sections with dividers
- Binder Clips– Gather groups of related items together
- Binder Pencil Pouch– Keep all of your writing utensils together at the front of your binder for easy access
- File Folders– Keep records for each teacher that you support in one folder and store in safe location
- Pocket Folders– Keep materials for grade levels or content areas in one place that is easy to grab on the go
- Labels– Organize your working space for efficiency
- Highlighters– Draw attention to specific aspects of a document (and have supplies on hand for teachers to use during a meeting too)
- Post-Its – Take notes for yourself on the go or leave notes behind for teachers as you visit classrooms
- Flair Pens– Add some fun color to your notes
- Notepad– Take longer notes on a cute space (larger than a post it but smaller than an 8 x 11 piece of paper)
- Page Protectors– Keep your master copies safe
- Sharpie Markers– Label your items with ease
- Clip Board– Place your materials on a easy to reference surface
- Large Chart Paper– Make presenting or organizing thoughts for a group of people easy with sticky back chart paper that adhere’s to any wall
- Bag– Carry all of your essential items with you in a comfy, cute tote
- Mug– Energize yourself for a day of coaching with a cute mug
- T-Shirt– Celebrate your role as a teacher support person on dress down days at school
- i-Pad– Digitize your work on the go
- Lap Top– Break out your portable work station when needed
- Flash Drive– Access your documents with ease on the go
- Instructional Coaching Guides, Forms & PD – Everything you need to be successful!
- Professional Development Courses – Continue your growth & development with these courses.
Happy shopping as you build your coaching tool kit! GO BE GREAT!
What supplies would you recommend for an instructional coach?