Jarod is a Technology Integration Specialist at the Keystone AEA. He has a Masters in Instructional Technology through the University of Northern Iowa and is an adjunct professor for the same Masters program. Jarod formally taught MS/HS English for seven years in one of the first 1:1 iPad schools in Iowa. He is a contributing blogger and app reviewer at www.teachercast.net, as well as a contributing blogger at www.innovatemyschool.com. To top it off he is an annual presenter at the Keystone TIC Conference as well as other educational tech conferences throughout the midwest, specifically presenting at ISTE 2016. Lastly, and most importantly, Jarod was recognized as the 2014 Iowa Safe Schools Educator of the Year.
He is passionate about #PersonalizedPD & #flipclass. He loves to connect with educators and share ideas on how to integrate technology in order to reach the levels of all learners.
- Start with the learning, then the tools follow
- What is the system we can put in place for every educator to identify a specific weakness of their own and then go through the steps to make it better?
- What’s going to have a positive effect on learner outcomes? (Question first, Tool second)
- Stay focused on the learning process
- Every human being wants to feel validated, heard and acknowledged
Jarod’s Stamp of Approval
- Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Flipped Learning
- Personalized PD
- Growth Mindset
Connect with Jarod
Join elite educators everywhere in snagging tips, tricks and freebies right to your inbox every month!
Become #empowered with the Always A Lesson newsletter: https://alwaysalesson.leadpages.co/newslettersignup/
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast