Each week I bring to you helpful tips to become a more effective educator on the Always A Lesson fan page on Facebook. (Give it a quick like by clicking here!) I decided to start grouping my social media posts into a blog post incase you might have missed anything.
Time to get caught up:
- Write vocab words on math manipulatives = tangible word wall while Ss work!
- Save unused wrapping paper pieces + laminate = bookmarks!
- Don’t store your holiday decor. Bring it to the classroom- garland + school ornaments make a great cozy feel!
- Lack books? Walk the halls of your school and read the walls- There’s enough content there to gain skills!
- Need plastic gloves for an art project? Use left over plastic grocery bags
- Create a VIP seat for your students by simply moving the location of a desk!#NewViewExcitement
- Lost game pieces for math centers? Cotton balls, buttons, and other household items work just as well!
- Under your email signature add a link to a classroom wish list so the community you communicate with can bless your class
- Socks make great erasers! Grab old clothing, cut into squares, and pass out to students.
- Need more flexible seating? Use old tires, paint in fun colors and let kiddos sit inside while they work!
(*note: these posts are sent out via BUFFER so they follow Twitter’s rules for word count and I had to get creative!)
Stay tuned for the next edition coming out in a few weeks!