Leading PD can be fun, but stressful. There is a lot to plan and materials to organize. It can feel overwhelming at times.
The PD Book: 7 Habits that Transform Professional Development by Elena Aguilar – Read as a you prep to deliver outstanding professional development for educators
- Sticky Easel Pad Paper– Record key points on an anchor chart or hang around the room for reflective and engaging group activity
- Chart Markers- Bold colors to write on sticky easel pad paper
- Candy Variety– Place in baskets on tables for learners to enjoy during the PD experience
- Storage Baskets– Place all learning materials in the basket and put on each table so participants can utilize the items during PD
- Post-It Notes– Numerous uses but mostly to track thinking and learning throughout the session
- Colored Dot Stickers– Use for various activities where learners can place a dot on statements they agree with or vote for
- Scissors– Place in baskets on the table for all participants to use as necessary
- Rolling Crate– Place all your PD items in this crate and roll to and from your PD sessions
- Sticky Name Tags– Have participants write their names and place on their chest to become familiar with everyone in the learning experience
- Magnetic Name Tag– Wear a personalized name tag for yourself that easy stays on your clothes with a magnet
- Highlighters– Place in the basket of materials on each table for learners to access as needed
- Pens– Supply writing utensils to PD participants to record their learning throughout the session
- Card Stock– Create sturdy signage for PD or use as name tents for participants
- Bluetooth Speaker– Play music throughout your session to control noise volume and add some fun
- Batteries – Ensure all your devices have charging power
- Bluetooth Microphone– Enhance your voice so all learners can the room can hear you
- Adaptor– Ensure you can connect your devices to the hosting site technology
- Wireless Presenter Remote– Walk around while presenting and advance your slides with ease!
- Flash Drive– Store all of your PD sessions in one place and carry with you to each location
Leading Professional Development can be a lot to tackle, but if you have the right supplies you will be successful! If you need more PD ideas & instructional materials click here. Check out my amazon storefront instructional coaching must-haves here.
GO BE GREAT!