Hot Tip Tuesday
Each week I bring to you helpful tips to become a more effective educator on the Always A Lesson fan page on Facebook. (Give it a quick like by clicking here!) I decided to start grouping my social media posts into a blog post in case you didn’t catch it in your feed. (Want more? Simply type in ‘Hot Tip Tuesday’ in the search bar on my blog to easily find past editions.)
Time to get caught up:
- Pose a question before telling Ss content. They may know more than you think!
- Every lesson should have a daily application- How can kids apply this to their life today?
- Be inclusive! Instead of eliminating holiday lessons if a Ss is not a believer, include all holiday traditions in a lesson.
- Reward kiddos for going above and beyond expectations with a special VIP supply bucket or a festive present wrapped desk!
- Covers fall off books. Kids destroy covers with excitement. Just take them off and display them on top of the bookshelf.
- Get to know students’ family members and ask about them often- care about the whole child.
- Kiddos need encouragement in all forms- say it, write it, and show it.
- Organize your books in a variety of ways (author/genre/theme etc.) so you don’t miss an opportunity to hook a young reader.
- Answering a question in a complete sentence models proper sentence structure and helps solidify new information.
- Instead of countdowns, incorporate count ups to celebrate the # of days wiser the Ss are!
(*note: these posts are sent out via BUFFER so they follow Twitter’s rules for word count and I had to get creative!)
Want these updates in real time?
Follow me on social media via the links on top of the page 🙂
What tip can you add to our list so educators can continue to grow in effectiveness?