Hot Tip Tuesday
Each week I bring to you helpful tips to become a more effective educator on the Always A Lesson fan page on Facebook. (Give it a quick like by clicking here!) I decided to start grouping my social media posts into a blog post in case you didn’t catch it in your feed. (Want more? Simply type in ‘Hot Tip Tuesday’ in the search bar on my blog to easily find past editions.)
Time to get caught up:
- The only thing more powerful than modeling is Ss modeling for each other. Find stars to shine!
- Avoid being the sage on the stage by being the guide on the side. Ask more questions & just LISTEN.
- Communicate with parents in a variety of ways about a variety of topics. Intention + Collaboration
- Build relationships by relating the content to ur Ss- substitute their names, hobbies or interests.
- Have Ss come to the board to show their work & explain the process while you meet with small groups.
- Watch a colleague teach similar students of a similar grade. It will reinvigorate you with ideas.
- Mix up the learning space to get Ss engaged. Work outside, sit on top of desks, get comfy on the floor.
- It’s the beg of a new month! Set a personal and professional goal to achieve, then celebrate.
- If your class is chatty, empower them with a voice. Teach how to collaborate correctly.
- If you find yourself repeating the same phrase over and over, make a sign and just pt.
(*note: these posts are sent out via BUFFER so they follow Twitter’s rules for word count and I had to get creative!)
Want these updates in real time?
Follow me on social media via the links on top of the page 🙂
What tip can you add to our list so educators can continue to grow in effectiveness?