CH Bonus: Supporting Teachers in Burnout
When teachers get through the rough patch of the work, what can we do to help them work through the different phases of burnout? You can dip into burnout one day, and come back out. And it’s important, to be honest with yourselves about where you are in burnout, and how to get out of it. Join the podcast now and find out more detailed methods to support our teachers!
- Students are coming to their classrooms with different needs, and that really isn’t being acknowledged.
- As leaders, a part of that responsibility is kind of being a good model, being compassionate, being open to be receptive to the needs of your teachers.
- There are things that we can change to bring excitement into our day. And sometimes that is enough to distract the brain from the ho hum.
- It’s true you’re gonna find burnout in any profession, what you need to do is recognize these things in yourself and in your environment.
- I might still be in burnout, but I’m making progress towards being burned in which is what Amber says, then that is motivating to make you keep coming to work and keep trying and keep trying to figure it out.
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Guests
- Heather Ann Michel
- Instagram: dr.michel_coaches
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long-lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’