Being a teacher is about inspiring students to be their best by equipping them with the skills necessary to do so instead of buying stuff for them or a lesson that has little to no educational impact. The pressure to have a “pinterest-worthy” classroom and “Instagram- worthy” exciting lesson is taking our focus away from what we are supposed to be doing in the classroom each and every day. Tune in to hear how to still be a fun teacher and have a stunning classroom without going broke doing it.
- That sends a message that “stuff” is more important than learning and its not
- Keep our focus on kids instead of falling victim to our wallet
- If you spend all of your time buying stuff you are missing out on the whole point of your job
- You have experience working with kids so use that to your advantage to be the best at your job instead of leading the educational experience with THINGS.
- Keep it simple and make the thinking in the lesson extraordinary
- The more our kids get used to stuff the more they think they need it
- Moderation moderation moderation
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’