Our jobs as educators is to create a better future. We do that by teaching children content, life skills and uncovering their potential. Often times we miss opportunities to deposit potential into the future because we fail to help children see beyond their circumstances so that they can change their mindset and surroundings. This episode is going to light a fire under you so that you no longer miss an opportunity to bless a child with the opportunity to see beyond their circumstances into their potential.
- “It all Is how you speak to a child and how you deposit pos words in them to give them the strength to change their environment to change the way they think.”
- How do you just invent different circumstances?
- Kids are capable. Undeniably capable. They are born with the ability to think, to be successful, to be good human beings. They are also born into situations and circumstances that they can’t control.
- Teachers are the gateway. They bridge the gap from the current circumstance to the potential of the future.
- Its on us as educators to plant seeds of success in our kiddos’ heads
- Every child deserves a quality education and the opportunity to succeed.
- They self sabotaged the opportunity because they didn’t upgrade their thinking to match their scenario.
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’