Tune into this episode of the Empowering Educators podcast to hear Gretchen interview Melissa Morrison. Melissa has a passion for quality writing instruction within the classroom. You’ll love hearing her story of how she went from a psychology degree, to teacher, to consultant. Hit play and get empowered!
*All quotables are from the interviewee
- Change takes time.
- Regardless of what you teach, you have to honestly and truly care about your students.
- You have to be willing to continually fine tune your practice.
- It’s okay to not be great at something right away.
Melissa was an elementary teacher for 10 years. After being in the classroom, she decided to become a consultant and has done so for the past 4 years. Melissa is passionate about bringing high quality literacy (especially writing) instruction to schools and teachers.
Shifting the Balance: 6 Ways to Bring the Science of Reading into the Balanced Literacy Classroom
Connect with Melissa:
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long-lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’