285: Interview with Nicole Turner Part 2
This is the second time Nicole Turner has been on the Empowering Educators Podcast! She was on the show a couple of years ago but a lot has changed since then! Tune in to hear what she’s been up to and what all has changed in her life. While she shares her story, you’ll also gain some valuable pieces of wisdom. You’ll step away from this episode an Empowered Educator.
*All quotables are from the interviewee
- Choose one small thing to work on and get quick wins.
- Small little gains end up being a bigger impact.
- Coaches help to bring out the best in you.
- Make time for you.
Nicole S. Turner is a K-12 educational coach, author, speaker, trainer, and school improvement specialist, founder & CEO of Simply Coaching and Teaching Inc. She is also the founder of the Simply Coaching Summit—the first virtual summit exclusively for instructional coaches and teacher leaders. Nicole specializes in helping instructional coaches master their roles and helping teachers use engaging activities in the classroom. She has 18+ years of K-12 classroom and leadership experience in positions such as classroom teacher, lead teacher, differentiated accountability coach, district and building-level instructional coach, assistant principal, dean of students, AdvancEd diagnostic review team member, and school improvement and turnaround specialist for the Indiana Department of Education.
Nicole has worked with thousands of educators, instructional coaches, and administrators across the United States through conferences, one-to-one & small-group coaching, and custom professional development sessions. Her professional memberships include Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated, National Sorority of Phi Delta Kappa, Indiana State Teacher Association, Indiana State Reading Association, and the Indiana Council of Teachers of Mathematics. She is the author of two published books, Simply Instructional Coaching: Questions Asked and Answered from the Field and The S.I.M.P.L.E. Blueprint for Instructional Coaching Workbook and the creator of the Track My Coaching Planner and the Simply Coaching Hub.
Nicole is a candidate for a doctor of education in Curriculum and Instruction at Oakland City University with research focused on the professional development of instructional coaches.
When Nicole is not serving in various educational roles, she can be found spending time with her family, which consists of a supportive fiancée, three biological children, and three bonus children.
Connect with Nicole:
- IG simplycoachingandteaching_
- Facebook Simply Coaching and Teaching
- Website simplycoachingandteaching.com
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long-lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’