In this episode of the Empowering Educators Podcast, our guest Ryan Pelky encourages all educators to be more and achieve more. His “teacher first” mindset is refreshing and will empower you to be all that you are meant to be! Put your headphones in, it’s time to be empowered.
*All quotables are from the interviewee
- We have to get rid of the taboo of needing to say, “I’m broken and I need some help.”
- It’s important to make everybody matter and everyone can come to the table with new ideas.
- New teachers: ask questions.
- Put teachers first.
After 25 years of education, Ryan Pelkey has finally realized the importance of putting teachers first in schools. He has steadily broke the “just a PE teacher” mold and has put out a platform of meeting the mental health needs of all educators. Without teachers and administrators, schools would cease to exist. He is a published best selling author of a children’s book “The Boy Who Lost His Ears” and has spoken at various educational conferences all over the world. He can often be found on the audio only app Clubhouse as one of the leaders of the Education sphere. When he is not fighting for teacher’s rights, he is found at home with his family and his two dogs.
Connect with Ryan:
Come Chat on Clubhouse!
- Instructional Coaching Club– www.clubhouse.com/club/instructionalcoaching
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long-lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’