Your training as an educator did not prepare you for the job you are currently doing. It’s ok to acknowledge that this year is not your best and that you have weaknesses. What is important is that you also realize that weaknesses are just strengths in a different area. If you were to put yourself in a different environment, would you thrive? Tune in to hear how to acknowledge your weaknesses and identify if the environment is right for you to be your best.
- Weaknesses are just strengths in a different area.
- Those of us who are willing to ADJUST are the ones who are going to make it out of 2020 for the better.
- Being transparent with kids. It’s ok to tell your students that virtual teaching is hard for you and it’s not your best teaching. (Danny Steele Twitter)
- You might not be good right now, but it doesn’t mean you won’t get there. Don’t look at your teaching right now as a weakness, you are just in the wrong environment.
- You are still strong. You still are good. There is another factor that is bringing you down at the moment. Just keep trying a new way and you will get better.
- Trust that normalcy is going to return. Hold off on your self judgement.
- You are not always going to be in a position where you are showcasing your genius, but you don’t have to be stuck in your weakness either.
- Make this weakness and your hard work this year count for something. Use it is leverage to move yourself forward.
- Acknowledge your weakness. Think through your day and acknowledge where you aren’t your best. Ask yourself if your weakness is a strength in another environment. Access the opportunity. Act on your strength.
Links Mentioned in the Episode
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
- Coaching Summit for Teacher Leaders: https://www.sctacademy.com/a/19590/oqFud8nN
- Stay tuned for information on the Teacher Leader Mastermind!
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’