New teachers struggle to hone in on the most important factors to ensure a strong start and finish to their very first school year due to all the distractions of shiny objects on social media. Tune in to hear 5 secrets to success that help any new teacher achieve veteran status in no time. You’ll unlock the strategies to lay a strong foundation while upping your technique and finesse game.
- Its simple. But it is also simply overlooked.
- That is what makes teachers great… they get past the barriers kids put up, and they use that in as a way to convey expectations encouragement and content.
- Getting clear on what you envision your space to look, feel and sound like well before that first day will help you make it a reality.
- Boundaries are a way of letting kids know that you are willing to give some rope but they don’t get to be in control of the lasso.
- might not outwardly thank you for setting boundaries but it lets them know you love and care for them bc you are making their learning space safe and their learning opportunities fair and fun.
- That trust and relationship cannot grow if you do not water it with follow through.
- You will give them healthy boundaries that allow them to stretch but never to fall.
- How you start and how you guide throughout the year will have a huge impact on how far kids get under your tutelage.
Participate in the 200th Episode Fun
- Option 1: If you have enjoyed the podcast, leave me a quick audio comment telling me what your favorite thing about the Empowering Educators podcast is. Don’t forget to say your name and where you’re from so I can give you the proper shout out. You can use Voxer (my handle is gschultek). You can also use a voice recorder app on your phone and email it to me: email@example.com
- Option 2: If you have a favorite Empowering Educators episode, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to cast your vote!
- Enter the Amazon GC contest: All you have to do is leave a rating and review on iTunes, screenshot it, and email that to me at email@example.com. I’ll be picking a winner in September!
Join the New(er) Teacher Mentorship Program
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
Join the New Teacher Support Facebook Group
Shop AAL Swag
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast