‘Work Life Balance’ seems to be the new craze, but it’s unrealistic to think that work and life can be equally balanced on a scale. Inevitably, one takes over more time and energy than the other. But if we can learn to keep work and life living in harmony with each other, then we might just have found the secret to success. Tune in to hear more about the term ‘Work Life Harmony’ from the great mind of Jeff Bezos with additional inspiration from Simon Sinek.
- It’s hard to create a strong team when people aren’t connected.
- I am trying to do too much that doesn’t matter, and I am becoming less because of it.
- When we think everything has to be equally balanced, we set ourselves up for failure
- If you are like me and living an unbalanced out of harmony life you are missing moments that matter
Gretchen’s Stamp of Approval
- Jeff Bezos Forbes magazine article: https://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezo-advice-to-amazon-employees-dont-aim-for-work-life-balance-its-a-circle-2018-4
- Simon Sinek video: https://www.facebook.com/fearlessmotivationofficial/videos/732114443801770/
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
Join the New Teacher Support Facebook Group
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast