Differentiation is the latest buzz in education, but the reality of what it looks like in the classroom has yet to be solidified. Many new teachers struggle with providing personalized learning experiences to their students not because they do not understand what differentiation is, rather it’s the logistical, organizational part of differentiation that leaves them stuck. Tune in to hear what you can do today to begin differentiating instruction for your students!
- Write everything in pencil
- Differentiation really just means whatever you are doing to help students learn, make sure it’s applicable to where they are as a learner
- Differentiation isn’t something we do for a short period throughout the day; it’s a mindset we have in reaching our kids.
- It’s personalizing the experience so that kids can be successful
- Learning is messy and a constant problem to be solved
- Content- WHAT you teach the kids
- Process- HOW you teach the kids
- Product- HOW the kids demonstrate their learning
Join the Facebook Group
- Elementary New Teacher Group (Group 1872455209751203)
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast