Classroom management can be tricky when we react to student behavior instead of setting up procedures. Oftentimes, we let the heat of the moment control our brain and we end up making decisions that hinder student learning. Tune in to hear two scenarios of classroom management struggles where tips are shared so that the problem and solution go together like a delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
- One of the major reasons why teachers struggle with classroom management has little to do with their content knowledge or their passion to teach. It all comes down to clarity.
- Quiet is not the same as silent
- Your wording choice has a huge impact on the result of your classroom behaviors
- It’s not about winning a war of who’s right and who’s most responsible. It’s about helping kids. All day every day.
- If your solution is hindering learning, you are the problem
- Every decision we make impacts kids
- We have to design our learning space and vibe so it encourages students to show up and apply themselves
- Students need to love learning but more importantly they need to BE ABLE to love learning
Gretchen’s Stamp of Approval
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast