Educators are not islands; we work with numerous people all day. There are times where relationships aren’t harmonious and it’s up to us educators to repair these connections so that the partnership can flourish and so can students. Tune in to hear how to repair a broken relationship with colleagues.
- You NEVER know what people are going through as they sit before you or even work alongside you
- You can’t UNDO anything, but you can repair it
- Put the work in ahead of time- this is what I call “preventive relationship care”
- You have to prioritize being human over doing work
- All relationships have bumps in the road
- It doesn’t mean you can’t work with people who are not just like you; it means you need a great deal of cushion to support the relationship.
- If you don’t call out the small stuff, you won’t call out the big stuff
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast