Fear of Missing out (FOMO) can rob you of reaching your potential. Educators want to be great, but when they let FOMO be the reason they make a decision, their kids suffer. Social media, conferences and the latest technology are some examples of areas where teachers rush about like moths to a flame. Tune in to hear how to still be part of what’s hot, but not lose sight of your purpose in the classroom.
- Stop chasing fads instead of rooting yourself in student achievement
- Prioritize where you put your time- does this really impact student learning?
- Your potential is determined by how you let it grow
- You’ll never be a top notch educator with FOMO as your commander in chief
- Forget the new shiny objects that swirl around you and stay grounded in what has the biggest impact on kids
- Your kids are watching- we are shaping the future and if they look to you as a model and see superficial motivations and outcomes, they’re doomed to repeat it
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’