Engagement and empowerment not only have different meaning, but they hold different values in the classroom as students become leaders of their own learning. Fine tune your definition of engagement and empowerment by listening to this episode as well as gain tips and tricks to upgrade your teaching efficacy in the classroom.
- The more I passed the baton to my kids, the better they did in the classroom
- Teachers just assume if their class is engaging that their kids are empowered to take ownership in their learning but that couldn’t be further from the truth
- We as educators have to be intentional about what we are doing and why
- It takes a lot of energy and a lot of effort to build a class where the goal is for students to run it
- There’s no reason for you to do something for kids that they can do for themselves
Gretchen’s Stamp of Approval
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
Need to Balance Your Life Better? Join the 40 Hour Work Week Club!
- Instructions to Join:
- When purchasing, enter your Gretchen Bridgers / firstname.lastname@example.org as the person who referred them.
- Early bird access = June 5th
- Access to all the June club materials (summer planning, home organization, bonus materials, sharing ideas in the Facebook group.)
- Official open dates = July 1-18
Join the New Teacher Support Facebook Group
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast