It is time for a new year and that means it is time for engaging professional development that will help teachers learn and grow. When we create professional development sessions, we want them to be beneficial for teachers and to create buy in among our colleagues. This podcast episode discusses 5 ways to boost engagement, create buy in and have a successful year of professional development. Tune in!
- Start your PD off knowing that you set the tone.
- Teacher input can be helpful in planning. You may not be able to control the content, but you can control the mode in which teachers participate.
- Voice and choice goes a long way in teacher buy in.
- Sit down with your administration team and prioritize requirements and see how much time you have left for what teachers want to do.
- A PD committee can be a great voice and move everyone in the building in unison towards the same goal for PD.
- Decide ahead of time what the requirements are for teachers so they know exactly what is going to happen pre, during and post PD.
Stamp of Approval
- Connect with Erica Harrell on IG: @ericaharrellconsulting
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’