To be a great teacher requires a multi-tasking ability unlike any other. Each student has their own learning needs and with the heavy demands on districts today, a teacher can easily feel like they are herding cats or putting on a three ring circus. However, there’s a simple secret to survival- its called classroom management. The more effective a teacher can become at managing a class helps free up mental space to teach engaging lessons while the rest of the class operates on auto pilot. Tune in to hear the nuts and bolts of effective classroom management.
- Every movement needs a system with a purpose- What and How
- What’s the safest,most efficient way to get from pt A to pt B?
- Where students are idle that’s where behavior crops up
- Get a timer!
- Check for understanding is by far a game changer in my management
Gretchen’s Stamp of Approval
- Teach Like a Champion 2.0 by Doug Lemov
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’