Katherine is an Elementary School Principal with 17 years in public education. Her personal experience is truly powerful, and against all odds, she overcame huge obstacles and now works with children every day as an educator. Katherine released a book this spring (“Access Denied-A Woman’s Journey to Access the American Dream”) that gives deeper insight into her life growing up in foster care and how, as an adult, she’s working to stop child abuse and reform the foster care system. She has previously appeared on The View and HuffPost Live after she wrote an obituary about her abusive mother.
- Trust is the most important thing you can do in education
- Every child is different
- My teachers are my mentors
- A sense of belonging is critical
- Self determination to get better
- Unite and help our kids!
Connect with Katherine
- Website – http://www.saveus2.com/
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- GoodReads – https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30209011-access-denied
- Amazon – http://www.amazon.com/Access-Denied-Phd-Katherine-Reddick/dp/1683482069/
- Barnes and Noble – http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/access-denied-phd-katherine-reddick/1123804737
- IndieBound – http://www.indiebound.org/book/9781683482062
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’