60: Bonus Edition- Interview with Kristin Houser
Kristin Houser was a classroom teacher for 7 years before transitioning into an instructional coaching position at her same school for the past 5 years. She started a blog at mshouser.com, which will be going into it’s 6th year and serves over 7,000 coaches and teacher leaders. She is the creator of the Time & ToDo Planner, a planner made especially for educators and other busy professionals.
A quick word from Kristin herself:
“You don’t have to be in administration or leave the classroom to move up on the educational career ladder or become an “official leader.” Teachers have an opportunity every day to be leaders in their classroom through the work they do with students, and more importantly what they share with others. Share what you know, your views, your work. Start a blog! Pursue a hybrid teaching/coaching role! Share your thoughts and resources on Twitter and connect with others! One of the most important characteristics of leaders is the desire to support and empower others.
I really believe in teacher sustainability and want ambitious teachers to pursue masterful work and leadership through the work they do in classrooms, without necessarily the aim of administration or leaving the classroom. We need strong and motivated classroom teachers.”
- Take your job seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously
- Do the best you can with what you know
- Great educators are on a constant quest to get better
- Be bold and take risks
Kristin’s Stamp of Approval
- Growth Mindset
- Feedly app
- Education Magazine
- The Together Leader by Maia Heyck-Merlin
- Better Leaders, Better Schools by Daniel Bower
- Empowering Educators by Gretchen Bridgers
- Smart Passive Income by Pat Flynn
- Model Health Show by Shawn Stevenson
Connect with Kristin
Join elite educators everywhere in snagging tips, tricks and freebies right to your inbox every month!
Become #empowered with the Always A Lesson newsletter: https://alwaysalesson.leadpages.co/newslettersignup/
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast