Students aren’t as successful as they could be because we don’t give them the opportunity to take ahold of the reigns and be the driving force in their own education. Don’t keep a lesson a secret, share the format, and all the nitty gritty details to keep kiddos on the right track and focused on the skills they are required to demonstrate throughout a learning experience.
- Why are WE doing all the work?
- Why are we designing the experience and then in charge of all the work getting to the destination?
- Kids have got to be in the driver’s seat
- They need all the tools to be successful and that means knowing the plan
- Kids need more ownership and accountability in this generation and to prepare for levels of education and career
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’