Too often we ask kids “what are you doing?” instead of “what are you learning?” Because of that we as educators focus on designing lessons around tasks and compliance instead of learning content through impactful ways. We are doing a disservice by our current state of mind. Tune in to hear how we can change that today!
- Why was I so focused on the outcome instead of the process?
- We have got to refocus and recalibrate our brains to focus on getting kids grappling with material to really learn it.
- Stop asking WHAT ARE YOU DOING and ask WHAT ARE YOU LEARNING
- Stop being mainstream
- Every decision we make in the classroom puts our kids at risk or sets them up for success.
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’