In this episode of the Empowering Educators podcast, Gretchen interviews Michelle Ruhe. Michelle shares all about her journey in education. Throughout the interview, Michelle shares wisdom and encouragement to all educators that will empower you to be elite no matter where you are at in your journey.
*All quotables are from the interviewee
It’s not about the knowledge. It’s about the people.
The reason you’re here right now, in this situation is because you’re supposed to learn something and think about what that is.
Even though it’s stressful, there’s a tremendous benefit to the lesson you’re going to learn from it once you get through the hard part.
Michelle helps teachers and school leaders implement best instructional practices in literacy, as she stays very current in the latest research findings. She’s in classrooms every day, working alongside teachers, helping students grow. Michelle keeps things simple, where impactful student learning, not cutesy fluff, is at the forefront. This is the recipe that leads to maximum student success and reduced teacher overwhelm. Her 15 years of classroom experience include: -Kindergarten -First Grade -Second Grade -Fourth Grade -Lead Teacher -Teaching in 4 different states -Opened 2 new buildings -Looped twice and then serving as a literacy interventionist, K-5 for 5 years, and have now been a literacy coach for three years. Additionally, as part of the school’s leadership team, she gets to partner with administration to plan and implement next steps forward for greater student achievement in literacy.
Connect with Michelle:
- IG @coach_fromthecouch
- Twitter @MichelleRuhe
- Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-ruhe/
- Website: www.coachfromthecouch.com
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long-lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’