291: Interview with Casey Watts
In this episode of the Empowering Educators Podcast, Gretchen interviews Casey Watts. Casey gives practical and applicable advice that is easy to follow. You’ll step away from this interview with powerful nuggets of wisdom that you’ll be able to use right away!
*All quotables are from the interviewee
If you can hone your resiliency as a classroom teacher and be ready to shape shift it as you move into an instructional leadership role you will have so much more confidence and clarity about what you bring to the table as a leader.
Part of growing into leadership is being the courageous person that owns their current reality but does not accept it for what it is.
When we find passion in what we are doing, even the hard things become easier or manageable.
Casey Watts is an Impact Coach and Consultant as well as a school-based instructional specialist in East Texas. She received her Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies with a focus on Elementary Education and her Master’s Degree of Education from Stephen F. Austin State University. Over the past several years, she has focused her research and work on effective collaboration that leads to collective efficacy. In this work, she has recognized the importance of internal and external components that are absolutely necessary for cohesive, vision-driven teams. In her experience, she has realized that this is possible, even when you feel overwhelmed by resistance and roadblocks.
Connect with Casey:
- IG @catchingupwithcasey
- Facebook @catchingupwithcasey
- Website www.catchingupwithcasey.com
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long-lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’