Tune into this special episode in the summer series of the Empowering Educator’s podcast. Brian Sepe is on and he shares with us how he reignites his passion for education. You’ll gain practical tips to help you reignite your own passion for education.
*All quotables are from the interviewee
- Admit what you don’t know and find ways to be a learner around that.
- Everyone DESERVES a thought partner.
- Whatever happens today, the next presentation will definitely be better.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for support.
- The most successful educators that I’ve been around are not afraid to hand it over to their students.
- If you can’t walk the talk, it becomes really challenging for your colleagues to gain that trust.
- When it comes to teacher leadership, it’s really just about understanding and deploying empathy and really understanding what’s being said and what’s not being said in a way that we can support without the bells and whistles of something that isn’t attainable.
Brian Sepe is educator, instructional coach, and consultant. He is passionate about exploring the habits, beliefs, and ideas of people who teach and is driven by the idea that everyone deserves a thought-partner and trusted coach. Brian received his MA from Canisius College and began his work in classrooms as a teacher and coach through the partnership with the Teachers College Reading and Writing Project. He spent 17 years in Buffalo, NY as an elementary and middle school teacher and instructional coach. During the day, Brian can be found in classrooms supporting and empowering educators to find their voice and pursue their goals for their own learning and their impact on students. When Brian is not in the classroom, he serves as an adjunct professor at Canisius College and as a consultant and coach for the Western New York Teacher Residency Program. A program where early career educators experience a one year residency with a Master-Teacher in the city of Buffalo, NY. Brian is also a consultant with the Instructional Coaching Group (ICG) with Jim Knight and learning partner with Growth Coaching International (GCI) In his free time, Brian enjoys writing for Choice Literacy, spending time with his family, and coaching baseball.
Connect with Brian:
Come Chat on Clubhouse!
- Instructional Coaching Club– www.clubhouse.com/club/instructionalcoaching
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long-lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’