In this episode of the Empowering Educators Podcast, Inga Parker shares about her EDU journey. She encourages and inspires others to coach teachers well. Inga has a passion for advocating for new and seasoned teachers alike. Tune into this episode and leave empowered.
*All quotables are from the interviewee
- Just say you don’t know, it’s okay.
- You can know it all but if you don’t let them know you care about them, it’s all for not.
- Don’t compare your journey.
Dr. Inga Parker is the Instruction and Personalized Learning Lead (IPLL) at Rocky Creek Elementary School in Hampton, Georgia. In this role, she serves general and special education teachers and students in grades Kindergarten through 5th. Additionally, she serves as a member of the Core Leadership/Administrative Team. Parker holds a BA degree in Sociology with a concentration in Marriage and Family Counseling from Morris Brown College, a Masters Degree in Education from Touro University, and a Specialist and Doctoral Degree in Education with a concentration in Curriculum and Instruction from Argosy University. Parker has been an educator for 22 years. While in the classroom she taught grades K, 1, 4, and 5. As an Early Intervention Program (EIP) teacher, she taught grades K-2. In both roles, Parker often had leadership roles. She’s had opportunities to serve as the grade level and committee chairperson, MTSS chairperson, testing coordinator assistant, mentor, and more. As a teacher leader, she believes that what matters most are relationships! It is her mission to engage teachers and students in equitable practices that enhances their performance, growth, and development. Parker is the creator of numerous professional developments for educators. Her most impactful PD sessions are Rigor, Re-Engagement, Relevance, and Relationships and Leveraging Healthy Conflicts in Teams, which was presented nationally at the Simply Coaching and Teaching Summer Summit 2021. She was recently selected by her colleagues to represent Rocky Creek as the 2022-2023 Teacher of the Year. Parker is married to her amazing husband Frederick and together, they have one son, Asa.
Connect with Inga:
Come Chat on Clubhouse!
- Instructional Coaching Club– www.clubhouse.com/club/instructionalcoaching
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long-lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’