Tune in and listen as Erica Harrell shares about her experience and knowledge with creating effective Professional Development opportunities for educators. You’ll be inspired as Erica shares her challenges and wins along her education journey.
- When you are the expert…it’s often hard to make the information digestible for others because you want to give so much.
- Facilitators who really hit the nail on the head, get to know their learners.
- When you can be willing and transparent to show all the data, that’s when growth happens.
- As a PD facilitator there is a time to be the GPS and a time to be the map.
Erica Harrell is the CEO of Erica Harrell Consulting, an education consulting firm created to help dedicated educators create strategic professional development plans to increase student achievement and improve staff capacity. Erica has over 12 years of experience in K-8 education. She began her career as a special education teacher and has held multiple leadership roles from instructional coach to principal to Director of Leadership Development. In all of her roles, Erica has always had the desire to grow and help others do the same. As a school leader, Erica has led teams to develop strategic and comprehensive project plans for multi-day and multi-week professional development series and coached leaders to ensure high-quality session facilitation. Under her leadership, a team of school-based leaders facilitated 4-week summer professional development with an average of over 90% of participants rating sessions and operations as “Platinum” (highest rating on 5-point Likert scale) multiple years in a row. Erica is originally from Upstate New York. She attended University of Maryland, College Park for undergrad. She holds a MEd in Instructional Leadership from Relay Graduate School of Education. Erica currently lives in Maryland with her husband and one year old son.
Connect with Erica:
Come Chat on Clubhouse!
- Instructional Coaching Club– www.clubhouse.com/club/instructionalcoaching
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long-lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’