Jamal Maxsam shares his wisdom about being an effective school leader. He will leave you motivated an inspired to make a change within your school or school district. If you are needing a recharge this summer, this episode is for you! Jamal will leave you feeling empowered to take on another school year.
- We have to be the problem solvers and we have to see the mission within the mess.
- That one thing that keeps bugging you is probably your mission.
- Maybe it’s not time to quit. Maybe it’s time to address the root of the frustration.
- Leadership is influencing people to take action.
- Don’t give up on your vision.
- When you have vision, communicate vision, and act on it- that’s when things happen.
- It’s not about you and what you do. It’s about how you motivate and support everyone else who’s doing the work.
- The role of a leader is to bring out the greatness in others.
- Your responsibility is not to lead everybody but to lead the right people.
Jamal Maxsam is a friend; mentor to new and aspiring leaders as well as Edupreneurs. His mission is to ignite K-12 educators to be champions of change by stepping into leadership or Edupeneurhsip so they can rekindle their joy of being an educator. Jamal is known for his ability to plan strategically; helping those he serves create action steps to accomplish their vision and overcome the challenges of school leadership. Jamal obtained his first leadership role at the age of 16, managing a fast-food restaurant, leading his peers as well as adults. His success continued as he opened a new location of a franchise recruiting and training team members which resulted in several awards for sales and performance. Jamal shifted to education and continued to grow in the ability to develop people. He taught for 9 years then served as a school Principal. He has led a school with as many as 92 staff members, serving approximately 950 families. He also provided support to a school Principal at a school that served approximately 2,100 families. In addition to running his business, Jamal serves on the board of directors of a non-profit organization. Jamal lives in Cincinnati, Ohio with his wife where they enjoy laughing and spending time together.
Connect with Jamal:
Come Chat on Clubhouse!
- Instructional Coaching Club– www.clubhouse.com/club/instructionalcoaching
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long-lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’