Is the mentorship program at your school not working? After years of experience, I find there are two main factors that make mentorship programs unsuccessful. This leads to less teacher success and more teachers leaving the field due to lack of support. This can all be easily changed with a mentorship program that provides teachers with ongoing support and keeps them invested in their career. Tune in to hear actionable steps that will help improve your mentorship program!
- Why is your mentorship not working? It’s not flexible and it’s not personalized.
- Create physical space for mentorship to happen. Space on the calendar and a location to meet.
- We need to support teachers where they are. There needs to be an onboarding process.
- Keep growing and accelerate the effectiveness of the staff as a whole.
- Problem solve whatever obstacles your teachers are facing. Are the mentors still the right match?
- Space, support and strategies are the key features to continue evolving your mentorship program.
- Teachers that are supported will stay around even if it’s the worst year ever when they feel heard and are invested.
- When you feel like you have people on your team who are invested, you will work hard for them.
Join the Simply Coaching Retreat
- If you support and lead teachers, this virtual retreat is for you! March 19-21st, 2021!
- Simply Coaching Retreat
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’