Do you want to become a standout leader? When you are a standout leader, you affect the teachers you lead and their students. Over time, this is going to make a big impact. In this episode I outline how to become a standout leader that is admirable, effective and top notch. Tune for actionable steps for taking your leadership to the next level!
- A standout leader is admirable, effective and top notch. They are able to effect teachers and students.
- We can not help others be great if we are not great ourselves.
- Chase your own PD. There is always something you can learn.
- Be a people watcher. When you are in public, look around at people. Who is listening? What makes people draws to others? These things can make you a better teacher and a better leader of others.
- Twitter chats, clubhouse and social media are great resources. Get in there and comment, don’t just scroll.
- You can find people inside and outside of your industry to help you grow. What is it that makes these people great in their industry? How can you apply it to yourself?
- If we aren’t putting anything into practice, we aren’t actually helping anyone. You have to execute. Use a journal and make it concrete.
- Don’t forget to get feedback from the people you lead. It is valuable and insightful.
- Use a post it notes to have a visible reminder of your goals.
Join the Simply Coaching Retreat
- If you support and lead teachers, this virtual retreat is for you! March 19-21st, 2021!
- Simply Coaching Retreat
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’