2020 has come with a lot of complex adjustments in regards to life and teaching. In order to be our best, we have to get back to the basics of why we love the profession we chose! We have to get excited about the lessons we are teaching and be fully present to make an impact for our students. We all have unique x-factors that make us great in our own individual ways. We need to remember what our x-factor is and be true to ourselves this year. Tune in to hear 5 simple ways to make an impact in your classroom!
- Forget the complexities, get back to basics and add your own signature flair to get excited about teaching lessons.
- You don’t have to put on a show to make an impact. You just have to be fully present, passionate and clear on your mission.
- Use your voice in a varying way. Use your pitch to your advantage.
- Look into the camera when you are speaking to give eye contact to your students.
- Personalize learning by using names, eye contact and specific compliments.
- Set your intention for the day. Give goals and celebrate at the end of the day!
- Our favorite teachers often were true to their x-factor and used simple tricks to make learning fun and engaging.
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
- Coaching Summit for Teacher Leaders: https://www.sctacademy.com/a/19590/oqFud8nN
- Stay tuned for information on the Teacher Leader Mastermind!
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’