This year is quite different than other years of teaching. If we were using a rubric, this year wouldn’t be scoring at the top. Therefore, why are we holding ourselves to the same expectations? It is time for us to recalibrate our expectations and make adjustments based on our new reality. In order to be successful, we have to examine our environment and constantly adjust. Tune in to hear Gretchen discuss 3 critical steps to help you recalibrate and weather the storm.
- Examine your environment and recalibrate your expectations.
- Set your expectations and think about what is possible, what makes sense and what is realistic. Don’t base your expectations on hope.
- Adjust your goals as necessary when things start to look better.
- Recalibration is a long term strategy based on what season of life you are in.
- What is different about your life in this season? Consider yourself and your surroundings.
- Nothing lasts forever. Remind yourself of your current expectation and stay out of the zone of comparison of what life was before.
- Make a habit of accepting the new normal and your new recalibrations.
- If you are flexible, you will weather the storm.
- Meet yourself where you are, right here, right now.
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Join here and grab a freebie!
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’