Education is a community effort- we aren’t islands on our mission to educate our future. Our effectiveness is a collective sum of our each individual parts. When someone is not measuring up, its our job to help them get there with clear, actionable steps in a non-threatening environment of feedback. Take a listen to hear how we are failing ourselves and our students by remaining islands instead of seeing our mission’s success as the sum of our parts.
- None of this was personal, it was tweaking my performance not my person
- You’re only as strong as your weakest link…That comes through feedback not ratings…face time not emails…coaching conversations not descriptive observation paragraphs
- Feedback doesn’t have to be harsh or personal. It can be purposeful, uplifting and game-changing
- Education is not a profession of islands; it’s a collaborative effort.
- No on should escape the blessing of feedback. But everyone should escape the burn of lack of feedback.
Join elite educators everywhere in snagging tips, tricks and freebies right to your inbox every month!
Become #empowered with the Always A Lesson newsletter: https://alwaysalesson.leadpages.co/newslettersignup/
Connect with Gretchen
Blog: Always A Lesson
Facebook: Always A Lesson
Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast