Lindsey Howe is currently a first year PreK- 5 Assistant Principal/Instructional Coach for 3 elementary schools in Massachusetts. She previously was a 3rd- 5th grade teacher. She is an avid believer that all students deserve the best and are capable of learning at high levels. She spends the majority of her time pushing the educational envelope by encouraging teachers to learn and understand best practices in education and ditching practices that don’t serve kids. In her spare time Lindsey enjoys working out, relaxing on the beach, and devouring the best PD books.
- One thing I highly, highly recommend is collecting feedback from number one, your students, we don’t ask them enough for feedback about ourselves as teachers. And number two, from families in your classroom.
- Listening more than I’m speaking in instructional coach role has allowed me to help get teachers what they want more effectively. It gives me more time to process instead of just rattling back an answer, especially if it is a hard conversation.
- I cannot tell you how much of an impact my daily routine has on my energy and my attitude.
- When I make time for myself, working out, reading a book, unplugging, I am so much better as a leader.
This episode is sponsored by Power School/Schoology’s Time for Teachers initiative.
Lindsay’s Stamp of Approval
- Twitter Chat: Elementary AP Network
- Gretchen’s Twitter Chat How-To Blog Post
- The Marshall Memo
Connect with Lindsey
- Twitter: @teachyouhowe
- Instagram: @teachyouhowe
- Website: https://teachyouhowe.wordpress.com/
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
- This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’