Kyle Scott King, is an educator, mentor, four time best-selling author, public speaker, founder and the Chief Executive Officer of The SHINE Institute. Kyle King also is the founder of Blueprint Conferences, a platform for educators to trade the life they have for the one they never knew they wanted. King also serves as the Dean of Students at one of Charlotte’s premier Charter Schools, Queen City STEM School. His life’s purpose is centered around advancing students through a comprehensive educational process that promotes excellence and provides them with the skills and resources to become globally competitive leaders of the future. He coined the phrase “You Do NOT have to be at an Ivy League School to be an Ivy League Student.” Starting out with local community mentoring efforts and a unique story, Kyle has become a highly skilled educator with over 7 years of experience offering empowerment in the areas of Curriculum Development and Design, Student Success Strategies, Personal and Professional Development, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Business and Economic Development. Through his experience as an entrepreneur, The SHINE Institute has grown to impact over 30,000 students around the globe.
- Behavior and instruction go hand in hand.
- We focus so much on jobs and occupations instead of what opportunities can our students create.
- In order for us to truly require excellence from our students, we have to stop operating in a state of mind of mediocrity.
- I don’t care if you are jumping forward or taking baby steps forward, it is still progress.
This episode is sponsored by Power School/Schoology’s Time for Teachers initiative.
Stamp of Approval
Connect with Kyle
- Website: www.kylesking.com
- Website: www.blueprintconferences.com
- Facebook: @themissionplanner
- Instagram: @kylesking
- Twitter: @mrkingempowers
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Shop AAL Swag
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
- Grab a Spot on my Calendar here: https://square.site/book/FE6G600ZF0PPD/always-a-lesson
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’