During uncertain times, the overwhelm can be debilitating. By focusing on doing the next right thing, you can strategically move forward, build momentum and gain sanity. Tune in to learn a 3 part system that will help you navigate any new situation you face so that you come out on the other side successful.
- You make the best decision you can at the time with the knowledge and skills that you have so don’t beat yourself up if down the path you gain insight and decide to change direction or tactics
- Every moment you take what you have currently and you do your best with it and you say to yourself, “What is the next right thing I can do?”.
- My action steps were to stop the pity party of how this was affecting my daily life and instead just show up serve hard.
- We all have something to give right now. We all give back to the collective with a piece of knowledge or talent that we possess so strategize your action steps.
- So show up, meet them where they are in the middle of their freak out. Walk them through one step on the game board at a time until they can get a breath of air.
- The 3 part system is 1: Acknowledge 2: Accept 3: Act
- You don’t have to know how the story ends. You don’t have to know every step along the way.
Learning Opportunities Mention in Episode
- This episode is sponsored by Power School/Schoology’s Time for Teachers initiative.
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
Shop AAL Swag
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’