When you first begin teaching, there are so many changes you want to make to your instructional practice. Knowing what tweaks to make and which ones to save for later can be a daunting task. This podcast episode will walk you through 3 focal areas of your instruction that will have the biggest impact on student achievement and your own teaching proficiency. This way you get more bang for your buck with every change you make.
- Student achievement and teacher proficiency are HUGE in how we measure our educational effectiveness.
- Some of these tasks are time sucks and they aren’t making us stronger and better for the kids we lead every single day in the classroom.
- What do you with the initial outline determines how effective in the classroom you will become.
- All the structures we put in place are going to be re-usable.
- I diminished their ability to make the choice for themselves.
- Instead of requiring kids to behave in a certain manner, I could set up the classroom in a way so that they could operate as independents while yet still adhering to requirements.
- All this foundational work you are doing will lead to you and students finding freedom in the classroom.
- Student engagement puts the power back into the students ‘hands and gives them unique opportunities to work with each other and the content to have a deeper understanding
- New Teacher Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Grab a Slot on my Calendar
Let’s chat about your currents and develop a plan. Click below:
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
Join the New Teacher Support Facebook Group
Shop AAL Swag
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’