It’s not all rainbows and butterflies in a classroom or school building. Sometimes the negativity can spread like wild fire and deteriorate a class or school culture. Tune in to hear how to initiate a positive culture, rebuild a culture when it’s broken, and turn around a negative culture. Not only will teachers learn tips for the classroom and teacher leaders for the school, but a secret trick is shared for how to maintain a positive culture once it is established.
- A positive culture is something that can feel like takes FOREVER to establish and can go away almost immediately
- Establishing a positive culture is a long game strategy, not a quick fix
- You aren’t above them, you are them.
- Students don’t expect perfection in the classroom, but they expect you to have their backs and to never give up on them.
- You are leaders in your classroom and school building for a reason, but it doesn’t mean you don’t have room to grow
Participate in the 200th Episode Fun
- Option 1: If you have enjoyed the podcast, leave me a quick audio comment telling me what your favorite thing about the Empowering Educators podcast is. Don’t forget to say your name and where you’re from so I can give you the proper shout out. You can use Voxer (my handle is gschultek). You can also use a voice recorder app on your phone and email it to me: email@example.com
- Option 2: Take less than 10 seconds to fill out this google form to cast your vote for favorite episode and favorite aspect of the show!
Grab a Slot on my Calendar
Let’s chat about your currents and develop a plan. Click below:
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
Join the New Teacher Support Facebook Group
Shop AAL Swag
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’