Instructional coaching and teacher leadership are essential for moving the needle in student achievement and teacher proficiency. But the way coaches are leading teachers ends up landing flat because they are either pushing too hard or pulling too far. The secret to great teacher leadership is being a guide on the side- not pushing or pulling too much. Tune in to hear 3 steps to ensure you pass the ownership baton to teachers so that the improvement is long term.
- When we make decisions under pressure, on a short time frame, we lack the intention and insight necessary for that decision to ever truly become effective.
- Great Teachers don’t equal great leaders.
- We gotta stop panicking and jumping on the latest bandwagon.
- Because growth pain is ordinary and expected and the pain makes the results that much more worth it.
- It might be faster to push or pull, but it’s never effective.
- are invested in the process when they know you are invested in them as people.
- Transparency and being human is what connects us all.
Links Mentioned in the Episode:
- Coaching Summit link: https://bit.ly/2VzcnIR
- Coaching Links:
- coaching plan- https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Instructional-Coaching-Developing-a-Coaching-Plan-4237551
- coaching duties- https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Instructional-Coaching-Coach-Duties-Pie-Chart-2567708
- holding coaches accountable- https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Instructional-Coaching-Coach-Performance-Evaluation-Rubric-2567694
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
Shop AAL Swag
Join the New Teacher Support Facebook Group
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast