Daniel Jones is a middle school social studies and reading/ language arts teacher. He is a Master Flip Educator and has been teaching in the classroom for the past 13 years. Project Based Learning (PBL) has been at the forefront of Dan‘s instruction for the past seven years. When Dan began flipping his class five years ago, he took PBL and combined it with Flipped Learning to create a dynamic learning environment. After seeing such dramatic results, he began presenting about Flipped Learning and Project Based Learning at conferences and has since developed training to help educators transform their classrooms into active learning environments. He is an FLGI International Faculty Member, Master Flip Educator, and author of Flipped 3.0 Project Based Learning: An Insanely Simple Guide. Jones has earned his master’s degree from the American College of Education in the area of Curriculum and Instruction with a specialization in Digital Teaching and Learning.
- I’m not preparing them for High School. I am preparing them for life.
- I need to prepare them to function as global citizens.
- A great educator has to be a continuous learner. They have to see themselves in a progress of learning- they can never have arrived. Anyone who has arrived is going to have a rough awakening.
- If you’re not reading, you’re not learning.
- It was that ego that buried my passion.
- Accountability with love
- Is there a better way to reach my students?
- The project is not the dessert of the unit…it’s your main course.
- You don’t want to be preparing tomorrow’s lesson today.
- There’s a difference between NO PACE and AT YOUR OWN PACE.
- The answer to every question not asked is a “No.”
Dan’s Stamp of Approval
- Podcast: Flipped Learning Worldwide
- Flipped Learning Global Initiative
- Distance Learning via Skype
- Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Project Based Learning
- Peer Instruction
- Play Pause It
Connect with Dan
- Book: Flipped 3.0 Project Based Learning: An Insanely Simple Guide– “Flipped 3.0 Project Based Learning: An Insanely Simple Guide (FL Global Publishing, June 2018) explains PBL in a way that allows all teachers to have a firm understanding as to what PBL is and how to implement it into their classrooms. Dan makes PBL doable with every unit of study throughout the entire school year. He goes through the process in a step-by-step manner so that educators can see how to plan out PBL units successfully.”
- Website: www.flippedtrainer.weebly.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @ideasforteacher
Linkedin: Dan Jones
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’