Students have the insight into how they learn best. It’s up to the educator to tap into this insight when designing lessons so that potential isn’t wasted in a child. There is always a reason behind a student behavior and when educators know their kids in and out, they can uncover these motivations and preferences prior to a learning experience so that the time is used productively and successfully for all students to hone skill sets. Tune in to hear 3 characteristics you should discover about every student before delivering a lesson.
- I was so busy studying the greats and what worked for everyone else I never once considered what would work for my family.
- I expected my kid to be like everyone else and was upset when she didn’t conform
- I expected my kid to behave in a way that was new to her under the assumption that she’d suddenly just know what to do
- Allow your students to lead your decision making so you can reach them best
- She is ABLE, but I disabled her by having an expectation and a road map not made to her specifications
- Get to know and then design your action steps around their abilities and personalities
- Personalize the learning experience for the ones actually doing in the learning
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
Join the New Teacher Support Facebook Group
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast